Where is the fastest growing area in Fayette County? Look no further than the once-sleep town of Fayetteville.
Fayetteville, now home to Trilith on the west side of the city, one of the largest collections of film and production studios in the world, is a new territory in the city limits through annexation and new, more densely packed multifamily and commercial rezoning. is setting a record for adding .
Once hot, Peachtree City has turned cold after the construction of Wilkesmore Village on the city’s northwest side. Historically, in the late 1980s and early 1990s, Peachtree City was often among the top 10 cities in the nation for population growth.
In a report to the Fayetteville City Council next month, Mayor Ray Gibson said there have been 30 rezoning and 15 annexations since the beginning of 2019 (each annexed parcel has undergone an additional rezoning). ) is explained in detail. Unincorporated county land is transferred to city limits and rezoned to a different use (usually a denser use).
According to the report, 2022 was the hottest year yet for Fayetteville’s response to development demands. Here’s an overview of each year:
The report below is part of the annual update of the city’s zoning maps.
Subject: Official Adoption of Updated Urban Zoning Maps
The current city zoning map (0-27-18) was adopted by the City Council on October 18, 2018. Records changes to documents. All changes are recorded and maintained in the city’s GIS (geographic information system) files. The updated city zoning map presented for adoption, along with all zoning changes approved by the Mayor and Council from 2019 to 2022, were not included in the 2018 update Includes one 2018 rezoning.
of September 2108one rezoning was approved for the following properties:
• 240-250 Lee Street (1.2 acres) was rezoned from R-22 (Single Family Residential) to C-1 (Downtown Commercial). Current location of Awkward Brewery.
of February 2019four rezonings were approved for the following properties:
• The property on US 54 West (31.55 acres) was rezoned from R-70 (single family residence) to O&I (office premises). The project was later withdrawn and the parcel remains undeveloped.
• Three lots of 300 Favor Road (30.52 total acres) were rezoned from R-30 Single Family Homes to C-1 (Downtown Commercial) and one lot was rezoned from C-3 (Highway Commercial) to C-1 (Downtown Commercial). commercial) was repartitioned. Development of the Walton Community. (Under construction)
• 455 Beauregard Blvd. (2.97 acres) rezoned from Single Family Residential on R-30 to Downtown Commercial on C1. This lot is also now part of the Walton Community Development.
• 212 Sandy Creek Road (24.64 acres) was rezoned from R-70 (single-family residential) to O&I (office premises) for the future hospital campus expansion of Fayette Piedmont Medical Center. The parcel remains undeveloped as the project has been put on hold.
of March 20191 consolidation and 5 land readjustments were approved for the following properties:
• After the 2016 Fayette Ventures project litigation settlement (29.5 acres) was annexed to the city and rezoned from R-40 (Single Family Home/County) to RTHC (Residential Townhouse Condo/City). At the same meeting, Highway 92 and Jimmy Mayfield Drive within the city limits (his five lots totaling 37.4 acres) were rezoned from C-3 (Highway Commercial) to RTHC (Residential Townhouse Condominiums). rice field. The combined parcels make up Fayette Meadows. Condominium (under construction)
of August 2019One city-led consolidation and two land readjustments were approved for the following properties:
• 178 North 85 Parkway was annexed to the city and rezoned from CH (Commercial Highway/county) to M-1 (Light Manufacturing/city). This city-led annexation removed an unincorporated island created years ago.
• 735 Veterans Parkway (6.26 acres of 28 acres of land) was rezoned from R-70 (single family home) to O&I (office premises) for the development of the new clinic building. This parcel remains undeveloped. However, the project is moving forward and conceptual site plans are currently being reviewed by city staff at a significant delay.
• 1129 and 1137 Highway 54 West. The zoning of five parcels (totaling 144.91 acres) was reverted from PCD (Planned Community Development) to R-70 (Single Family Residential) at the request of Folia Crossroads developers. The project was initially approved in June 2018 and then withdrawn at the preliminary planning stage. This property remains undeveloped.
of November 2019Land readjustment was approved about , the following properties.
• A portion of 370 North Jeff Davis Drive (0.83 acres on a 1.75 acre lot) was rezoned from R-30 (single family homes) to DR-15 (single family and single family homes). The remainder (0.92 acres) is C-2 (community commercial) to DR-15 (single family and single family homes) while adjacent parcel 402 North Jeff Davis Drive (0.45 acres) is R-30 (single family homes) to DR – has been rezoned to 15. These rezonings were required to result in legally non-conforming lots complying with current zoning regulations for both permitted uses (duplex) and minimum lot width requirements.
of May 2020one rezoning was approved for the following properties:
• The property (3.97 acres) located on the corner of New Hope Road and Highway 314 has been rezoned from C-2 (Community Commercial) to C-3 (Highway Commercial) and is located at News Hope’s Drive-in Retail Center’s The Shoppes was developed. through the facility. (Under construction)
of August 2020two rezonings were approved for the following properties:
• 180 and 190 Whitney Streets (13.6 total acres) were rezoned from R-30 single family homes to RTHC (residential townhouse condominiums) for the development of the Dixon Farms residential subdivision. (Under construction)
• 995 Hwy 85 North (21.48 total acres) was rezoned from R-22 Single Family Residential to RTHC (Residential Townhouse Condominium) for the Satterfield Townhome development. (Under construction)
of December 2020Land readjustment was approved about , the following properties.
• 210 and 220 South Jeff Davis Drives (0.56 acres total) were rezoned from C1 (Downtown Commercial) to DR-15 (One and Two Family Residential) for the construction of two duplexes.
of June 2021two rezonings were approved for the following properties:
• 305 Beauregard Blvd. (2.6 acres) was rezoned from R-30 (Single Family Residential) to C-1 (Downtown Commercial). Current location of the Southern Conservation Trust.
• Hwy 54 W & Lafayette Ave (8.13 acres) rezoned from PCD-Planned Community Development Age restricted cottages to PCD-Townhomes. Modification of PCD permit use to allow construction of Lafayette townhomes. (Under construction)
of August 2021one rezoning was approved for the following properties:
• 110 North 85 Parkway (1 acre) has been rezoned from M-1 (light industry) to C-3 (highway commercial) per staff request to be more consistent with the business park component of the comprehensive plan. I was.
of October and November 2021three staff-initiated rezonings have been approved for the following properties:
• 563 Sandy Creek Road (24.50 acres) rezoned from BP (Business Park) to PCD (Planned Community Development. Current location of MBS Trilith. October).
• Three City of Fayetteville properties located at 210 Stonewall Avenue West (New City Hall), 300 City Center Parkway (Southside Center, Bath Barn, City Center Park) and 240 Glyn Street South (Old City Hall) All rezoned from RP (residential). Professional) to C-1 (Downtown Commercial). Staff-driven requests to better align with the master plan and allow desired downtown use. (October)
• 187 North 85 Parkway (2 acres) rezoned from M-1 (light industry) to C-3 (highway commercial). Staff-initiated requests to revert to original zoning when the dog care facility ceases operations. Records show that the dog care facility closed on his Sept. 4, 2021. (November)
of April and May 2022two rezonings were approved for the following properties:
• 1302 Highway 85 North (6.69 acres) rezoned from C-2 (Community Commercial) to C-3 (Highway Commercial). Tesla’s current location. (April)
• 100 Highway 314 (1.8 acres) rezoned from C-2 (Community Commercial) to C-3 (Highway Commercial) for automotive use. Future location of tire discounters. (in May)
of June 20224 mergers and 1 land readjustment were approved for the following properties.
• Three additional parcels along 177 Tyrone Road and Flat Creek Trail (total of 412 acres) annexed to the city and converted from R-70 (single family homes/county) to BP (business park/city) for the Excalibur project. Rezoned. . Future locations of QTS data centers.
• 235 Promenade Parkway (24.6 acres) was rezoned from C-3 (Highway Commercial) to M-1 (Light Industry) to allow for the construction of a light industry commercial center. Future location of the Promenade Parkway Commerce Center.
of September 2022Land readjustment was approved about , the following properties.
• 460 and 510 East Lanier Avenues (85 acres total) rezoned from R-30 Single Family Homes to RTHC (Residential Townhouse Condominiums) with 1 and 2 story attached and detached single family homes. Development of new residential plots has taken place, including Family Homes, Duplexes, Townhomes, Cottage Homes, Microhomes.
of November 2022three annexations were approved for the following properties:
• Walker Parkway 135 and 145 1373 85 North (total 8.29 acres) annexed to the City and routed from CH (Commercial Road)/County) and AR (Agricultural-Residential)/County) to C- Rezoned to 3 (Commercial Highway). /city) will be used to develop multiple stand-alone restaurants, including Jim & Nicks BBQ.
of December 2022six annexes and four rezonings (all related to the Trilith South Expansion project) have been approved for the following properties:
• 566 and 568 Sandy Creek Roads (total 24.30 acres) were annexed to the City and rezoned from R-70 (Single Family Homes/County) to PCD (Planned Community Development City) for the Trilith South Expansion Project. rice field.
• Four lots at the intersection of Veterans Parkway and South Sandy Creek Road. (total 14.58 acres) was annexed to the City and rezoned from R-70 (Single Family Homes/County) to He PCD (Planned Community Development) City) for the Trillis South Expansion Project.
• Two lots (142 total acres) within the existing Trilith Studio property will be rezoned from R-70 (Single Family Home) and BP (Business Park) to PCD (Planned Community Development) for the Trilith South Expansion project. I was.
• Two parcels (total of 9.89 acres) along Sandy Creek Road were rezoned from R-70 (Single Family Residential) to OI (Office Institutional) for the Trilith South Expansion project. This includes the expansion of the Georgia Military Academy and the future location of the city’s new fire station.
Staff recommends approval of the updated 2023 City Zoning Map as presented.